Moving South Immigration logo

Permanent residence - 5 years continuous work visas

Posted by Sue-Allan Mehl

Permanent residence (PR) may be granted to a foreign national who is in possession of five (5) continuous work visas, with the exception of an intra company transfer, corporate worker and ZEP visas.

A permanent employment contract must be submitted with this PR application as well as a confirmation from the company that the employee is continuously and permanently employed. The confirmation letter must also stipulate the occupation as outlined on the visa. Some quintessential documents to be submitted with this PR category are –
  • 2 x passport sized photos

  • Valid passport

  • South African work visas for the last 5 continuous years or longer

  • Unabridged birth certificate

  • Marriage certificate, divorce decree or any relevant document pertaining to your marital status

  • Police Clearances from each country where the applicant resided for 12 months and longer since your 18th birthday

  • Medical Certificate

  • Radiological Report

  • Yellow Fever Certificate, if applicable

  • SAQA certificate, if qualifications were obtained abroad

  • Qualifications

  • Work references or certificates of service (covering at least the last five years)

Permanent residence for South Africa is not an automatic action – this must be applied for, in person, at a VFS office or relevant South African mission abroad.
If you wish to know more about this PR category, you may reach out to us via our Contact Form on www.movingsouthimmigration.com. Alternatively, we may be contacted on +2773 5357 534 or [email protected]

Recent Posts

Subscribe to get exclusive updates

© Copyright 2024 Moving South Immigration
Registered member of The Forum for Immigration Practitioners of South Africa (FIPSA)