Moving South Immigration logo

Treaty visas - who can apply for this visa type?

Posted by Sue-Allan Mehl

A treaty visa may be applied for by a foreign national needing to conduct work related activities where South Africa is party to a treaty or international agreement. 

A treaty visa may be issued by the –
  • Director-General (DG) as prescribed in the Regulations; or

  • A department or organ of state responsible for the implementation of the treaty concerned, but under the delegation of the Director-General.

Both states and relevant departments need to confirm the assignment to South Africa.
A treaty visa may be issued for a maximum of three (3) years at a time.

Recent Posts

Subscribe to get exclusive updates

© Copyright 2024 Moving South Immigration
Registered member of The Forum for Immigration Practitioners of South Africa (FIPSA)